The Norks Stepping up the B.S quite a bit with this , threatening to deliver harsher punishment to a U.S. Citizen because they don't want to hear any more about their sinking of a South Korean Ship !
I have no sympathy for this Man , it is pretty obvious that you should stay away from the North Korean Border (Especially being a U.S. Citizen) , Regardless of his intentions , He put himself in this situation when he did not need to , He tempted fate and now he is paying for it .
But for the Norks to threaten a Harsher RE-sentencing , it is Nothing short of crossing way over the line .
If they move forward on this though , You can bet That Obama Will back down !
BBC
North Korea has threatened harsher punishment for a jailed US citizen who is serving eight years' hard labour for illegally entering the country.
Aijalon Mahli Gomes, a former English teacher in South Korea, was arrested in January after crossing from China.
North Korea said it would use "wartime law" against the 30-year-old if the US continued its "hostile approach" over the sinking of a South Korean warship.
An international inquiry found a North Korean torpedo sank the Cheonan.
According to North Korea's state news agency, US requests to free Gomes will not be accepted while the dispute over the sinking of the warship continues.
Instead the Korean Central News Agency says "there remains only the issue of what harsher punishment will be meted out to him".
"If the US persists in its hostile approach, the latter will naturally be compelled to consider the issue of applying a wartime law to him," state media reported.
Analysts say "wartime law" could mean a life sentence or the death penalty.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
North Korea threatens US prisoner Aijalon Gomes
Posted by
#1 infidel
at
08:48
0
comments
digg this
Labels: labour camp, north korea, nuclear, prison, us citizens, war
Monday, June 8, 2009
North Korea jails U.S. journalists, warns U.N
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea, facing U.N. sanctions for last
month's nuclear test, on Monday raised the stakes in its growing
confrontation with Washington by jailing two U.S. journalists to 12
years hard labor for "grave crime."
The sentence follows U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's warning on
Sunday the United States was considering putting the reclusive North
back on its list of states that sponsor terrorism, which would further
isolate the impoverished country.
The journalists, Euna Lee and Laura Ling, of U.S. media outlet Current TV,
were arrested in March working on a story near the border between North
Korea and China. The trial for the two, working for the company
co-founded by former Vice President Al Gore, opened on Thursday.
"The trial confirmed the grave crime they committed against the Korean
nation and their illegal border crossing as they had already been
indicted and sentenced each of them to 12 years of reform through
labor," the official KCNA news agency said in a brief dispatch.
Posted by
#1 infidel
at
05:46
0
comments
digg this
Labels: hillary, journalists, labour camp, north korea
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Beijing threatens women protesters with labour camp term
How's this for a lovely Government , Forced from your home , your elderly , then when you want to say something about it you get sent to the "Re-Education through Labour" "camp" Re-education Through Labour , It has such a nice Communist ring to it ! China news
....
The Beijing government has threatened to send two elderly Beijing women, who applied to hold demonstrations in designated 'protest zones', to a labour camp, a human rights group said Wednesday.
On Aug 17, Wu Dianyuan, 79, and Wang Xiuying, 77, who used to be neighbours and wanted to protest their forcible eviction from homes, were served notices telling them they must serve one year of 're-education-through-labour', the New York-based Human Rights in China (HRIC) said.
The were accused of 'disturbing the public order'.
The notice said they can serve their term outside a labour camp, but that the women will have their movement restricted. The notice also warned that if they violate the government order or other regulations, they will be sent to the labour camp.
The police's action 'demonstrates that the official statements touting the new Olympics 'protest zones' as well as the permit application process, were no more than a show,' said the rights group's executive director Sharon Hom.
Beijing police revealed this week that it has received 77 applications for protests from 149 people since Aug 1, but none of the protests were approved, according to the Xinhua news agency.
Police said all but three of the cases were withdrawn because the problems were resolved, but did not give any details. Two applications were considered incomplete and one was illegal, the report said.
'The record speaks for itself: in addition to retaliatory actions, despite numerous applications made, no approvals for demonstrations have been reported,' Hom said.
Wu's son, Li Xuehui, told HRIC that the two women made five trips to the police unit to apply for permission to protest, but their application was neither granted nor denied each time.
On Aug 5, the two were held and interrogated for 10 hours, HRIC said.
When Wu and Wang returned to the police station the next day after receiving the notice, to again apply for permission to protest, they were told by police that since they had received the re-education-through-labour decision, they now had no right to apply for permission to demonstrate.
Other protest applicants have also reportedly been detained.
Under pressure to hold an Olympics of international standards, China had set up three designated parks where it said people would be able to protest during the Olympics, but it set tough conditions, including a minimum advance notice of five days.
Applicants also had to visit city police in person and provide them with their identity details as well as the purpose, time and route of the protest, copies of posters and slogans to be used, the estimated number of participants and the use of any equipment, according to the guidelines.
Posted by
#1 infidel
at
21:50
0
comments
digg this
Labels: china, communist, Human rights, labour camp
