Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jihad Watch Excommunicated by LGF

Charles from LGF has decided to cut off Robert Spencer and Jihad Watch for linking to Gates of Vienna and the Brussels Journal. Charles Johnson seems to think that by simply linking to a site you automatically share the site author's views.

During the blogwar between LGF and GOV I was unimpressed by the evidence that Charles Johnson put forward regarding GOV & Fjordman's links to white supremacists. However, I continued checking out LGF on a less frequent basis.

I began to question LGF's direction when they started going after creationists. Is that really the biggest problem we face? Yes, it's true that some islamists share the views of creationists but defeating creationism will certainly not defeat the islamists.

For me, 'excommunicating' Jihad Watch & Robert Spencer is the final nail in the coffin for LGF. I find it telling that Charles Johnson keeps this rift buried in the comments section of LGF instead of writing a post to explain his position.

Charle Johnson's decision to stop linking to JihadWatch will have minimal impact. In my opinion, LGF has no desire to fight against the jihadis.

No comments: