Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Amanda Lindhout and Nigel Brenan released!


Finally some good news. The hell that Amanda and Nigel had to endure for 16 months is over.

It seems like $1 million was handed over to al Shabaab for Amanda and Nigel's release. Although I'm happy that Amanda and Nigel are finally free again, paying terrorists ransom will only encourage further kidnappings in the future.

From Canada.com

"I was released about four or five hours ago. We were released in Mogadishu. But the how's of that are better to wait, because my mom has advised me not to say anything about anything because we're surrounded now by armed soldiers that are in place to keep Nigel and I safe. But the country is really dangerous, so until I'm out of the country I just don't think it's a good idea to say anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy THanksgiving Amanda and Nigel.
It's good to see you safe again.