Tuesday, November 3, 2009

No islamic landmarks were harmed in the making of 2012

In the upcoming Hollywood movie 2012, about the end of the world, the writers have declined to include any scenes where any islamic landmark would be destroyed. But they have included many scenes where other religious landmarks are destroyed, such as a Buddhist temple, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, and Rio de Janeiro's iconic Christ the Reedemer.

One writer wanted to include a scene where the Kaba is destroyed but his co-writer pussied out because he didn't want a Fatwa on his head.

From Cinematical

"Well, I wanted to do that, I have to admit ... but my co-writer Harald said I will not have a fatwa on my head because of a movie. And he was right. ... We have to all ... in the Western world ... think about this. You can actually ... let ... Christian symbols fall apart, but if you would do this with [an] Arab symbol, you would have ... a fatwa, and that sounds a little bit like what the state of this world is. So it's just something which I kind of didn't [think] was [an] important element anyway in the film, so I kind of left it out."
Wasn't an important element in the film? The whole movie is about the violent end of the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These filmmakers are spineless. Don't waste your money on their trash "art".